Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

making a project with JIRA rest API. getting an Error as a response. But don't know the solution.

I am running Jira on docker. And making a simple rest API call to make a new project.
But I am getting an error "You must specify a valid project lead".
I AM indeed specifying a valid user called "userOne" that I have made on my server.
Can someone help me out what the problem is? 
I have attached a picture of the POST request that I am making and the response that I am getting. doubt5.png

2 answers

Try userkey instead - Jira mixes username and userkey here and there, and sometimes it's not clearly documented either. I think the userkey is not visible from the web interface though, but <JIRAURL>/jira/rest/api/latest/user?username=userOne should return json with the userkey in it. Probably will look something like JIRAUSER12345

Oh found this, kinda explains the key/name confusion https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-68189

Hey. I tried your solution, and it unfortunately didnt work for me. I made a user that  had the ID which can be seen under "lead".
But i get the same error again.
doubt 7.png

0 votes
Fabian Lim Community Leader Jan 01, 2022

Hi @Sufficient Monk

Is "userone" an active jira user in your instance?

Regards

Yes. When I filter for Active users, userOne comes up in the results

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you