making a project with JIRA rest API. getting an Error as a response. But don't know the solution.

Sufficient Monk January 1, 2022

I am running Jira on docker. And making a simple rest API call to make a new project.
But I am getting an error "You must specify a valid project lead".
I AM indeed specifying a valid user called "userOne" that I have made on my server.
Can someone help me out what the problem is? 
I have attached a picture of the POST request that I am making and the response that I am getting. doubt5.png

2 answers

0 votes
Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2022

Try userkey instead - Jira mixes username and userkey here and there, and sometimes it's not clearly documented either. I think the userkey is not visible from the web interface though, but <JIRAURL>/jira/rest/api/latest/user?username=userOne should return json with the userkey in it. Probably will look something like JIRAUSER12345

Oh found this, kinda explains the key/name confusion https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-68189

Sufficient Monk January 2, 2022

Hey. I tried your solution, and it unfortunately didnt work for me. I made a user that  had the ID which can be seen under "lead".
But i get the same error again.
doubt 7.png

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 1, 2022

Hi @Sufficient Monk

Is "userone" an active jira user in your instance?

Regards

Sufficient Monk January 2, 2022

Yes. When I filter for Active users, userOne comes up in the results

Suggest an answer