looking for the Physical data model for the JIRA installation

bob kraft
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 13, 2019

i am looking to create a physical model specifically for the tables we use within our JIRA application (project, epic, story, task, bug, version, commitment, label,link, subtask, insprintbug, release, sprint) so I can identify the keys from the story to the bug, the subtask to the project etc. Is there something I can get from the JIRA app, maybe as an administrator logged in? 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2019

Not from Jira, see https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/database-schema/

Be aware that reading a Jira database is the single worst possible way to get at Jira data.  The database is not a real database, it is a data store, and is the precise opposite of anything you would want to design reporting on.

You will be using long and torturous joins to get answers to even the most simple of questions.  "Show me an issue" requires 30 joins even before it has any history or custom fields.

I very strongly recommend doing whatever you are doing another way.

Suggest an answer