looking for jira-config.properties

Leo May 16, 2022

Hi,

so far we are (still) running on 8.7.1 and we wont tu upgrades until we change to the cloud.

I'm looking for the jira-config.properties and can't find it at the server C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Jira. Even the windows search doesn't find the the file.

Do you have any ideas?

Cheers Leo

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2022

It's in the jira data directory (jira home), it looks to me like you are looking in the application installation directory, which is separate to the data.

You may also find that there is not one.   Most installers don't create one any more (older servers used to create one with a comment about the file being deliberately empty)

Check Admin -> System information - that will tell you where the home directory is

IT Support August 29, 2022

I'm so sorry but it looks that I'm completely blind!

Where is it there exactly?

jira-configproperties.jpg

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2022

Have a read of the second sentence in my answer.

All the paths that are shown at the system configuration are under Programm files\Atlassian\Jira-home like in the screenshot.

Could it be that this file dosen't exists?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2022

As I said already, it may not exist.

Hmm ok... I read that second part - but I don't wanted it to be real... so please forgive that I don not "like" your answer :D

Well then, do you think it would be possible to create one afterwards? But the information I would like to edit in this file wont be there then anyway.

Do I see that right, that there is then no way to change the jira.field.resolution.include or the jira.lf.date.relativize?

Bye

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2022

The format of the file has not changed recently, so the one from your pre-upgraded system should work fine.

Suggest an answer