It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

linking from confluence to jira issue query Edited

I want to link from Confluence to a Jira issue query. Rather than using the Confluence Jira Issue macro I want to have a list of links to the queries.

First Approach

I have tried to copy the URL form a JQL query in Jira, such as:

https://jira..intel.com/issues/?filter=-1&jql=project%20%3D%20TheProject%20AND%20issuetype%20%3D%20Defect%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20assignee%20in%20(currentUser())%20order%20by%20updated%20DESC

and add it to a confluence page as a link (using the insert link button in the editor)

When I add the link, the dialog in Confluence URL encodes the URL and provides a link to:

https://jira.intel.com/issues/?filter=-1&jql=project%2520%253D%2520TheProject%2520AND%2520issuetype%2520%253D%2520Defect%2520AND%2520resolution%2520%253D%2520Unresolved%2520AND%2520assignee%2520in%2520(currentUser())%2520order%2520by%2520updated%2520DESC

which when opened, Jira reports:

Error in the JQL Query: The character '%' is a reserved JQL character. You must enclose it in a string or use the escape '\u0025' instead. (line 1, character 8)

Second Approach

I edit the "source" of the confluence page and modify the A HREF to use the first URL, then Confluence reports in the editor:

  • The reference to entity "jql" must end with the ';' delimiter. (400)

is there an alternative way of linking from confluence to a Jira issue query?

1 answer

1 accepted

Use the insert link button in the editor, paste the URL, and see if it works. It looks like it does with my quick test.

That was my first approach

Hmm, what version of Confluence? This doesn't reproduce in my instance. In fact, I used your exact URL (modified hostname for my Jira) in a re-test and it works fine.

 6.0.7 -- which seems a bit old

I just tested and confirmed its a bug in an older version. 

Hi,

I have the similar problem.

  • In Confluence i have a JIRA Chart with 2 dimension chart added
  • Edit the page and select "Open in source editor"
  • i typed
    <ac:parameter ac:name="jql">project = "Proj1" AND issuetype = TIR</ac:parameter>

Apply changes and saved the page

Reopen the page with "Open in source editor"

It is changing to 

 <ac:parameter ac:name="jql">project%20%3D%20%22Proj%201%22%20AND%20issuetype%20%3D%20TIR</ac:parameter>

Is there is any solution to keep my JQL query as it is ?

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

229 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you