linking from confluence to jira issue query

James Harrison April 3, 2018

I want to link from Confluence to a Jira issue query. Rather than using the Confluence Jira Issue macro I want to have a list of links to the queries.

First Approach

I have tried to copy the URL form a JQL query in Jira, such as:

https://jira..intel.com/issues/?filter=-1&jql=project%20%3D%20TheProject%20AND%20issuetype%20%3D%20Defect%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20assignee%20in%20(currentUser())%20order%20by%20updated%20DESC

and add it to a confluence page as a link (using the insert link button in the editor)

When I add the link, the dialog in Confluence URL encodes the URL and provides a link to:

https://jira.intel.com/issues/?filter=-1&jql=project%2520%253D%2520TheProject%2520AND%2520issuetype%2520%253D%2520Defect%2520AND%2520resolution%2520%253D%2520Unresolved%2520AND%2520assignee%2520in%2520(currentUser())%2520order%2520by%2520updated%2520DESC

which when opened, Jira reports:

Error in the JQL Query: The character '%' is a reserved JQL character. You must enclose it in a string or use the escape '\u0025' instead. (line 1, character 8)

Second Approach

I edit the "source" of the confluence page and modify the A HREF to use the first URL, then Confluence reports in the editor:

• The reference to entity "jql" must end with the ';' delimiter. (400)

is there an alternative way of linking from confluence to a Jira issue query?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2018

Use the insert link button in the editor, paste the URL, and see if it works. It looks like it does with my quick test.

James Harrison April 3, 2018

That was my first approach

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2018

Hmm, what version of Confluence? This doesn't reproduce in my instance. In fact, I used your exact URL (modified hostname for my Jira) in a re-test and it works fine.

James Harrison April 4, 2018

6.0.7 -- which seems a bit old

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 4, 2018

I just tested and confirmed its a bug in an older version. 

James Harrison April 4, 2018

Thanks!

Dinesh November 1, 2019

Hi,

I have the similar problem.

• In Confluence i have a JIRA Chart with 2 dimension chart added
  • Edit the page and select "Open in source editor"
  • i typed
    <ac:parameter ac:name="jql">project = "Proj1" AND issuetype = TIR</ac:parameter>

Apply changes and saved the page

Reopen the page with "Open in source editor"

It is changing to 

<ac:parameter ac:name="jql">project%20%3D%20%22Proj%201%22%20AND%20issuetype%20%3D%20TIR</ac:parameter>

Is there is any solution to keep my JQL query as it is ?

Suggest an answer