linkedIssuesOf not found in the function registry

I am using the JIRA Automation plugin to auto-transition JIRA Service Desk issues when their corresponding Development issue has been closed. The JQL used is

project = PT AND status = "Waiting for issue" AND issuefunction in linkedIssuesOf("project = MON AND status in ('Ready for release', 'Closed')", "is requested by")

This JQL worked yesterday, both in the Automation rule and in "Search for Issues". I even saved a filter with the expression so I know I am using the exact same expression.

Today the expression no longer works. In "Search for Issues" I get

Unable to find JQL function 'linkedIssuesOf(project = MON AND status in ('Ready for release', 'Closed'), is requested by)'.

In atlassian-jira.log I get the following every time the Automation rule is executed:

[jira.groovy.jql.ScriptedFunctionClauseFactory] Something has gone wrong: linkedIssuesOf not found in the function registry. Returning an empty query.

What could have caused the linkedIssuesOf function to disappear?

JIRA version: v6.3.15#634 

2 answers

1 accepted

Don't really know what is the cause for that.

But you can fix it -> Addons -> Script JQL Function
There you can click on the link "Scan" in the text at the beginning of the page
"If you have just added or removed a class for a script function, you can scan for them, otherwise they will be automatically loaded at startup."  

After that reload and it works again. 

Thanks Simon! 

There were no functions listed before the scan and the scan added 23 functions. The function is now accessible both in "Search for issues" and in the Automation plugin.

Glad to hear that I could help you :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,870 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot