link issues not visible in jira dashboard on issue creation

vishwas l December 13, 2011

I have created jira issues in bulk using a seperate customized plugin as tool by reading the issue tag names from excel sheet.

I have 3 issue types:

1.Main issue

2.Sub-task

3.Link issue to sub-task

When I try to search for link issues in "Search for issues" tab, couldn't see the link issues and also in the "Assigned To Me" section in dashboard. When issues are created manually, linking issue is visible in the both the sections.

What has gone wrong. Any idea would be appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
vishwas l December 14, 2011

If I seperately go to main issue and check for the sub-task and link issues its visible but not visible in Assigned To Me and Search for Issues section

Sub-tasks, I could see in both the sections.

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2011

Sounds to me like a Atlassian support issue. If the issue is directly accesible by using the issue id but it does not come up in search it indicates something very wrong with the registration of issues through your plugin.

0 votes
Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2011

What do you see when you check out the main issue? Do you see the actual sub-tasks? Or are they not visible on the main issue as well?

Suggest an answer