limit drop down option fro customer's portal

Katya Godneva June 2, 2019

Hello, does anyone know if I can limit the number of drop down list options for customer's portal?

for example, I can have up to ten categoried for an incident, but I want to show to customer only four of them/

And I want it to be the same drop down list field, still

Thanks in advance for any ideas,

2 answers

0 votes
Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 23, 2019

Hi Katya,

You can do it using our app Extension for Jira Service Desk. In the visibility tab you can define which options will be visible for which jira groups. In the next version we would like to also implement support for organizations.

Kate

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2019

Hi Katya,

Currently, with the features that Jira has, it's not possible to limit the number of options that appear in the portal. Once you configure a select list custom field, all options will appear if you add the field in the portal.
I've searched for feature request related to this and found only, but is to limit the options based on organizations:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-5991
On the comments, it shows that it can be done using an add-on, you can check and test if it works for you.
If not, please, feel free to raise a feature request on jira.atlassian.com (project JSDSERVER) adding more details about this feature that you need.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer