limit administrator access

Can I limit what the users with the System Permissions of JIRA Administrator (not JIRA System Administrator) can see?

I'm trying to keep 2 projects separate from eachother.

Project A has a A Users and a A Administrators group with unique users assigned to them. Users in A Administrators also belong to A Users.

Likewise, Project B has a B Users and a B Administrators group with unique users assigned to them. Users in B Administrators also belong to B Users.

I've locked down each project so when logging in each user can only view and administer their own projects.  However, when admin users go to the admin menu, everything within JIRA is editable and viewable.  What I mean is, users in the A Administrators group can view and edit any project in JIRA, not just Project A.  Likewise for users in the B Administrators group.

The goal is to prevent users in each administrator group (A Administrators and B Administrators)  to view/edit other's projects when they navigate to Projects under the Administrator's menu but also retain the access required to create and associate issues, workflows, fields, screens, schemes, etc.. 

Any ideas?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 vote

No.  An admin is an admin.  They have System or JIRA level rights and that's it.

You should have project admins separated out for project A and project B, and then a small team of JIRA administrators to handle the global configuration

Vote and Watch this issue, this is what we all want and what you are referring to:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-3156

0 vote

Hey Chris,

You may be able to achieve a similar functionality if you limit access of projects the same way you can limit the JIRA administration with this documentation.

I hope this helps

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

58 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you