kanban board view for jira service desk

Julia Ward
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 25, 2019

We have two major clients that require kanban view on their service desk. We don't want them to see our internal comments or bugs. How can this be set up to only show tickets the client has raised?

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 26, 2019

Hello Julia,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

per your description, I believe you want two external clients to have the permission to access their own created tickets through the internal JIRA UI (Not customer portal). Is it correct?

I believe the best way to achieve this scenario would be by restricting them in the permission scheme of the project using the assignee field. These would be the steps:

1 - Create the two clients in your JIRA > Add them with JIRA Software or JIRA Service Desk application access, depending on which actions they should be able to perform

2 - Navigate to the Service desk project they should be able to access > Project Settings > Permissions

3 - Make sure the clients are not added to any of the project roles or groups displayed in the Browse Projects permission

4 - Add the Reporter field to the Browse Projects permission

Doing the steps above, the clients will not be able to see any issues in the project but the ones created by them, or the tickets that someone has configured them as the reporter.

Let me know if this is the option you are looking for.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events