jql with a range of dates

Alejandra April 12, 2021

Hi, 

I'm executing the follow jql:

project = SIS AND "Customer Request Type" not in ("Auditoría o Vulnerabilidad (SIS)", "Extracción ficheros Anadat (SIS)") AND issuetype != Tarea AND status changed to closed after "2021/03/15" before "2021/03/21"

I obtain 125 issues.

If i execute the next one

project = SIS AND "Customer Request Type" not in ("Auditoría o Vulnerabilidad (SIS)", "Extracción ficheros Anadat (SIS)") AND issuetype != Tarea AND status changed to closed during ("2021/03/15", "2021/03/21")

I don't know why i obtain a different numbers of issues. It seems that the first one doesn't shows the issues of day 2021/03/15, is it because the hour? 

Thank you! 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2021

Hi @Alejandra,

the AFTER in your first JQL statements makes the search start on 2021/03/16, whereas the DURING statement of your seconds statement includes both start and end dates.

I hope this helps! 

Alejandra April 12, 2021

thanks a lot @Walter! now i feel myself a little bit silly... :)

Thank you so much!!

Like Walter Buggenhout likes this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2021

Don't feel silly @Alejandra :-) - those who never ask a question will never get smarter (or it will take them much longer at least)!

Like Alejandra likes this

Suggest an answer