jql query to filter all the bugs that are linked to an epic

David Pleşu May 8, 2023

Hi,

jql query to filter all the bugs that are linked to an epic, and to the stories from this epic

BR,

David.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
mauricio.groth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2023

Hi @David Pleşu

I’m Maurício, a support engineer at Appfire and I’m here to help you.

Unfortunately, using JQL of Jira, you’ll not be able to do it dynamically.

In the app where my team works, JQL Search Extensions for Jira, you can use this query to find all bugs linked to epics and their stories:

issue in linkedIssuesOfQuery("type = Epic") AND type = Bug OR issue in childrenOfEpicsInQuery ("") AND type = Story

Please contact our support if you have any other questions about this query.

We’ll be happy to help you!

Best regards,

Maurício

0 votes
Answer accepted
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2023

Hi @David Pleşu welcome to the Atlassian community.

This query will return all the bugs that are linked to the given epic and the stories that belong to that epic.

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("issueKey = <epic-key>", "is Epic of") and issuetype = Bug

Note: Replace <epic-key> with the key of your epic for which you want to filter the bugs.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2023

The above function is available only if you have the Adaptavist Scriptrunner Enhanced Search app installed.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer