[jira.web.action.XsrfErrorAction] The security token is missing for 'anonymous'

Our standalone 6.2.1 Jira instance constantly redirects users back to the login screen particularly when an edit operation has just been undertaken. We've had this issue for 2.5 years, the previous version of Jira we used being 5.1.4.

We have added the jira.xsrf.enabled=false setting to the jira-application.properties file, it does't make any difference.

It's not a browser cookies issue as I have checked the cookies before and after being redirected to the login page and they still exist and are current. In addition if I hit refresh on the login page a number of times (sometimes up to a dozen) it will auto-magically log me back in and take me to my home page.

We are getting messages containting the text below in the jira log file:

[jira.web.action.XsrfErrorAction] The security token is missing for 'anonymous'

This issue is particularly painful as the login page redirect can occasionally happen on every 5 to 10 requests. At other times it might not happen for a week.

Any suggestions on where or what to look at?

1 answer

Hi @Andrey Chekanov , 

Even m facing the same issue with my JIRA 7.1.4. Let me know if you have figured out any workaround/resolution for this..

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,095 views 13 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot