/jira_server/rest/zapi/latest/test/count ; How this REST api work in the backend

I just want to know how the REST API  /jira_server/rest/zapi/latest/test/count , does its work in the back end) . This REST API results in retrieving all the Test issue types , under the given project and a specific version Id . Even if i rename the Test attribute name to some random name , it still works . How is it identifying , even the name is changed ? I hope it internally uses the Test issue id to retrieve the issues. But still , i really want to know , how it is achieved ?? How this REST API works ? 

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Mohammad, 

You are right in your understanding. IssueType is stored separately and is referred to by its ID. 

- Shailesh

Thanks for the response Shailesh :) . If thats the case , how the issus id is referred here ?? Is there any separate REST api , to retrieve the Test issue type ID (The one provided by Zephyr) ??

IssueId is displayed on General Info screen, /secure/admin/ZephyrGeneralConfiguration!info.jspa -Shailesh

Again thanks for the response Shailesh . Is there any REST API available to retrieve that info ?? I have checked both docs.getzephyr.apiary.io and https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/ but couldn't find any .Any suggestion ??

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

Mission-critical battery manufacturer fulfills FAA software requirements with Commit Policy Plugin

EaglePicher Technologies is a leading manufacturer of battery systems for diverse industries like defense, aviation, space or medical. As they operate in highly regulated industries, keeping a clear ...

168 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you