jira-rest-java-client-core 5.1.6 and JSONException

Virginia Lizana Gil February 18, 2020

Hi!

I've been using com.atlassian.jira 5.1.6 library for a weeks and it was fine. Today (18/02/2020) it stoped to work. I have a org.codehaus.jettison.json.JSONException: JSONObject["name"] not found.

Any idea please??  Thanks...

POM:

<dependency>
<groupId>com.atlassian.jira</groupId>
<artifactId>jira-rest-java-client-core</artifactId>
<version>5.1.6</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>io.atlassian.fugue</groupId>
<artifactId>fugue</artifactId>
<version>3.0.0</version>
<dependency>

Java

String JQL_JIRA_ACTIVE_SUBPROYECTS = "issuetype = Epic AND project in (SRT) AND status = 'In Progress' ORDER BY cf[12818] DESC, lastViewed DESC";

AsynchronousJiraRestClientFactory factory = new AsynchronousJiraRestClientFactory();
jiraClient = factory.createWithBasicHttpAuthentication(new URI(MY_URI), MY_USR, MY_TOKEN);
SearchResult result = (SearchResult) jiraClient.getSearchClient().searchJql(JQL_JIRA_ACTIVE_SUBPROYECTS).get();

Error:

Throwable , RestClientException{statusCode=Optional.absent(), errorCollections=[]} :java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: RestClientException{statusCode=Optional.absent(), errorCollections=[]}
at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.reportGet(CompletableFuture.java:357)
at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.get(CompletableFuture.java:1895)
at io.atlassian.util.concurrent.Promises$OfStage.get(Promises.java:353)
at com.atlassian.jira.rest.client.internal.async.DelegatingPromise.get(DelegatingPromise.java:101)
at TestConnetJira.test(TestConnetJira.java:79)
at TestConnetJira.main(TestConnetJira.java:41)
Caused by: RestClientException{statusCode=Optional.absent(), errorCollections=[]}
at com.atlassian.jira.rest.client.internal.async.AbstractAsynchronousRestClient$3.apply(AbstractAsynchronousRestClient.java:191)
at com.atlassian.jira.rest.client.internal.async.AbstractAsynchronousRestClient$3.apply(AbstractAsynchronousRestClient.java:185)
(...)
Caused by: org.codehaus.jettison.json.JSONException: JSONObject["name"] not found.
at org.codehaus.jettison.json.JSONObject.get(JSONObject.java:360)
at org.codehaus.jettison.json.JSONObject.getString(JSONObject.java:487)
at com.atlassian.jira.rest.client.internal.json.JsonParseUtil.parseBasicUser(JsonParseUtil.java:192)

7 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Virginia Lizana Gil February 19, 2020

Good Morning.

First, excuse me for my English ... The problem is that jira, for a few days, does not return the "name" field of the user and when parsing the JSON, when not finding the parameter, it returned an exception.

I have solved it in a way that is not the best and I don't like it, but at the moment I couldn't find another one: decompile the class com.atlassian.jira.rest.client.internal.json.JsonParseUtil and in the parseBasicUser method replace:

username = json.getString ("name");

By

String username = "";
if (json.has ("name")) {
username = json.getString ("name");
}

I will be attentive to the next attlassian library in case they solve this problem since although it works in this way, you are modifying a foreign class and it is not the best solution.

I hope it helps you. A greeting and thanks for the help.

2 votes
Shashank Thorat March 3, 2020
<dependency>
<artifactId>jira-rest-java-client-api</artifactId>
<version>5.2.0</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<artifactId>jira-rest-java-client-app</artifactId>
<version>5.2.0</version>
</dependency>

The latest dependency solves the issue

1 vote
Oleg Valeev February 19, 2020

Looks like this is the cause. Jira Cloud API doesn't return name of user anymore. We also stuck with this error today.

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/confluence/rest/?_ga=2.68352215.737964662.1582108886-1288132870.1581605383#api-user-get

NOTE: Personal data that is used to identify users, such as username and userKey, has been removed from the Confluence Cloud REST API

Aleksandr Paren February 20, 2020

Hi. it seems they hide information about userKey and usrname.

If we look into the getting user info we can not find data about userKey and usrname.

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/?utm_source=%2Fcloud%2Fjira%2Fplatform%2Frest%2F&utm_medium=302#api-rest-api-3-user-get

"key": "",
  "accountId": "5b10a2844c20165700ede21g",
  "name": "",
0 votes
Spencer Loveridge March 3, 2020

+1

Assumption is that BasicAuthentication has been deprecated as the response message is the text:

"Basic auth with password is not allowed on this instance" 

As this is not in a JSON from you get the 

JSONObject["name"]

error as the error text is not in JSON format.

So it would seem that you need to authenticate via API tokens instead. Can't confirm this, but thats my assumption

0 votes
Diego Daibert February 20, 2020

Same problem here!

0 votes
Iulian Baranai February 19, 2020

Hi, having the same problem with jira-rest-java-client-api-5.1.0 library.

Observed the issue was raised also here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/REST-API-numerous-calls-now-throwing-an-error/qaq-p/1305234

And the reason behind it is:
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/deprecation-notice-user-privacy-api-migration-guide

Not sure if an update for the libraries is available at the moment.

0 votes
Shashank Thorat February 19, 2020

Stuck with the same thing when I try to do getIssue by passing the ticket number. Any idea how to fix this?

Suggest an answer