jira-python does not work with cloud jira?

Deleted user September 23, 2019

I am in the process of moving from server hosted to cloud hosted JIRA. I have a script which runs a JQL query to get all the outstanding issues for a given project using jira-python. It worked very well for the server hosted JIRA, but I cannot make it work for the cloud hosted jira. This is what I tried:

1) Login fails if I use my atlassian user/password. Doco indicates that this is no allowed for cloud services and to use token instead.

2) Login seems to succeed for user/token (no error messages), but when I do the search query I get an error message saying that no such project exists.

Now, I have figured out this is a misleading error message, and in fact what is happening is that the search request is not authenticated. I figured this out by noticing that I could issue the same search request in my browser and get a response only when I was logged into JIRA. The moment I logged out, the behaviour was the same as I was seeing from my script.

So does this mean that I cannot use this package for Cloud JIRA?

Thanx

Gaby

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user September 24, 2019

It all works as advertised, I had a number of typos and errors that made it not work

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events