jira.field.resolution.include still shows unwanted resolutions

alex_webber March 18, 2022

WHY do the bottom for resolutions still show in our Resolution list when they aren't included in the Property Value, comma separate list?

We have published the draft for the Workflow as well but cannot hide those resolution reasons - are we missing a step?

Include-Jira.pngIncorrect List - Jira.png

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2022

Hi @alex_webber

Just double check that you are setting the propertiies in the transition and not the actual status. This is a common mistake that people make.

regards 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2022

@alex_webber In looking at the image you provided, indeed I think that this is your issue...

"workflow step properties"

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 18, 2022

Hi @alex_webber 

A few things to check...

• Publish Draft: Confirm you've published the Workflow once you've made this modification. Do this from the main Workflow edit screen, after making the modification to the properties.
  • Transition Properties: There are two types of properties - Status (called Workflow Step) and Transition. You need to use Transition for jira.field.resolution.include, which isn't the one included in the above screenshot.

To access Transition properties...

1. Click on any transition to Closed (any arrow, or "All" symbol)
  2. Select Properties from the pop-up which appears

^ You'll need to place the properties into each transition to your Closed Status that exists, if there's more than one.

Ste

alex_webber March 21, 2022

Thanks @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ @Jack Brickey & @Fabian Lim 

The steps above helped me resolve this.

Appreciate your time and wisdom on this matter!

~Alex

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2022

No problems @alex_webber !

Could you accept the answers that helped you fix this problem?

Accepting answers helps other users who locate this question know these are resolutions!

Ste

Doods Perea April 10, 2023

When transitioning to self however, I discovered that the "jira.field.resolution.include" property does not work.  It works only when transitioning from one status to another.

Here's my scenario:

• From status "Implementing" to "Change Review", I can only see 3 Resolution field values in the pop-up screen as the "jira.field.resolution.include" works here.
  • However, when in "Change Review" status, I have a "transition to self" called "Update Resolution".  The same "jira.field.resolution.include" property is applied.  However, all Resolution values are visible.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer