jira data center loading balancing with haproxy

Hi I am trying to setup a JIRA cluster, I've gotten two nodes setup and they are behind an haproxy load balancer. When I try to login individually on each instance I can login using my admin credentials.

When I have added only one node to my haproxy config and I go to the load balancer url, I am able to login. However when I add both the nodes to the hapoxy config, I am not able to login using the balancer url. When I click submit on the login page after typing in my credentials, it doesn't show an error but just reloads the login page.

When I have both nodes in my haproxy config I can still login to each individual instance. Also the when i login to a specific instance and create a task/project etc.. it shows up in the other node. Where does the problem lie? I am thinking it has something to do with my haproxy configs but I am not sure.

2 answers

Hi,
please refer to this documentation :

https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/jira-data-center-load-balancer-examples-781200827.html

I had the same problem on a testing environment. (I forgot to configure the session stickyness)

Greetings,
Oliver 

Hi Oliver,

Yeah I ran across that as well, and it helped me get the cookies stuff working, but the problem was still there until I added this to the java startup variables on my JIRA nodes.

-Dorg.apache.tomcat.util.http.ServerCookie.ALLOW_HTTP_SEPARATORS_IN_V0=true

Thanks

Ameya

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

234 views 4 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you