jira-config.properties missing

lance_lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2012

I have a couple questions.

I cant seem to find the jira-config.properties file that is often referred to.

I was trying to disable the xsrf token checking because some of our developers have become annoyed with this.

in https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Form+Token+Handling

it says to set

jira.xsrf.enabled=false
however i cant find the jira-config.properties file. I do see a jira-application.properties file.
All of the atlassian documentation talks about customizing with this file.

2 answers

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2012

jira-config.properties must be put in the JIRA Home foler. There won't be one initially. You can just create a empty property file with that name and start adding the properties into it.

Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2012

There is no format, just put

jira.xsrf.enabled=false

in an empty file named jira-config.properties

Like Rodrigo Cortez likes this
lance_lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2012

Thanks Jobin, do you know what the format of the file is. Do you have an example?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2012

JIRA Home...

Like # people like this
lance_lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2012

Thanks guys, I cant believe that little piece of info is not on Atlassian documentation.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+JIRA+Configuration#Making+changes+to+the+{{jira-config.properties}}+file

lance_lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2012

one last question, should that file be in the

C:\Program Files (x86)\Atlassian\JIRA\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes folder

or in the actually Jira-home directory

C:\Program Files (x86)\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA

yancyn April 10, 2013

The JIRA home is in the documentation see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+Home+Directory

Rodrigo Cortez
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2019

Please take a look on "How to edit the jira-config.properties file" document for full details on that matter.

0 votes
akunnari November 2, 2020

Is this still the case? If i need to modify the file i have to create it from scratch and just put in the changes I need into a blank file?

Suggest an answer