jira/cas authentication

Prema Nethala November 21, 2013

Hi

I am trying to upgrade jira 4.4 to version 6.1.1 in test environment. We are using oracle 11g database . I copied the prod data & pointed the 6.1.1 jira instance & the database upgrade completed successfully. When I try to configure jira for cas authentication, I am getting the following errors and get a page not found on the browser. I used the https://wiki.jasig.org/display/CASC/Configuring+Jira+with+JASIG+CAS+Client+for+Java+3.1 to configure jira/cas authentication.

Need help to resolve this issue.

=======================================================

Nov 22, 2013 10:24:57 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext startInternal
SEVERE: Error listenerStart
Nov 22, 2013 10:24:57 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext startInternal
SEVERE: Context [] startup failed due to previous errors
2013-11-22 10:24:58,002 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher] Stopping launchers

Nov 22, 2013 10:24:58 AM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol start
INFO: Starting ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-8080"]
Nov 22, 2013 10:24:58 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 438851 ms

=================================================

Thank you

Prema

1 answer

0 votes
rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2013

The problem might be with lack of dependencies. Please see the Tomcat Severe listenerStart error artical. Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Patina

Prema Nethala December 2, 2013

Hi,

We use cas authentication for jira 4.4. Now we are upgrading to jira 6.1 & trying to configure cas.

I get the listener error when I configure cas authentication for jira. If I remove the cas authentication , jira /tomcat starts successfully. I am using cas-client-core-3.2.1.jar and cas-client-integration-atlassian-3.2.1.jar. And here's a portion of the seraph-config.xml

<!-- CAS:START - Java Client Jira Authenticator -->

<authenticator class="org.jasig.cas.client.integration.atlassian.JiraCasAuthenticator"/>

<!-- CAS:END -->

And I am installing jira using the bin file which is the recommended installation. I am not using war file.

Does anyone have instructions for casifying jira version 6.1.

Thanks

Prema

Suggest an answer