jira - JQL find child of a specific issue

Gavin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2021

So I have this:

project = XYZ AND issueLinkType = "is a child of"

Shows all the issues that are a child of an issue.

How do I modify this so that I get only a child of a specific issue?

4 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gavin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2021

issue in linkedIssues("DMC-24","is a parent of")

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Turczanski - __JQL Search Extensions
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 8, 2021

Hi @Gavin 

The correct syntax is

issue in linkedIssues(DMC-24,"is a child of")

Hope it helps :) 

Gavin
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2021

thanks Daniel that did give the direction I was looking for 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

linkedIssues(DMC-24,"is a child of")

is what you are looking for.

Gavin
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 7, 2021

Hi Nic, I think we are talking on another thread about this similar issue.

In that thread I wasn't able to use linkedIssues for some reason.  Thought I'd try another work around.  

0 votes
Gavin
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 7, 2021

project = XYZ AND issueLinkType = "is a child of" AND key=DMC-24

this only gets one of the child but there are multiple childs

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events