java.sql.sqlexception network error ioexception connection timed out connect

Neeta Dubey August 15, 2013
I was getting the below error message in logs file where our JIRA instance is hosted and crowd page was unable to open and so jira was also not opening. This issue happend twice in a week and its get fixed automatically within an hour or so however I would like to know the cause of this error and steps to prevent this in future. "java.sql.sqlexception network error ioexception connection timed out connect"

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2013

It's a problem with your network.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Surviving+Connection+Closures might help improve Jira's response to the fault, but you probably need to talk to your network engineers and DBAs to find out why the connection is being lost.

Neeta Dubey August 15, 2013

How can I stop and start JIRA

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2013

Depends on how you've installed it. You should consult the documentation for your version, or the team that maintain the server.

Suggest an answer