java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/atlassian/jira/JiraException

Thanks

Sai Krishna

2 answers

1 vote
Aleksandr Zuevich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2017

Hi, usually such error are due to dependencies inconsistencies. What is the scope of your jira-api dependency in your pom.xml? Is it provided?

SAI KRISHNA December 5, 2017
<dependency>
<groupId>com.atlassian.jira</groupId>
<artifactId>jira-api</artifactId>
<version>${jira.version}</version>
<scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>
Aleksandr Zuevich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2017

When do you get this error? Do you extend JiraException in any own class?

SAI KRISHNA December 5, 2017

when I trying upload plugin or enabling it  . no I am not extending JiraException

SAI KRISHNA December 6, 2017

Hi Aleksandr Zuevich ,

Can you please help me to fix the error .

Thanks

Sai Krishna 

Aleksandr Zuevich
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 7, 2017

Hi,

I'm afraid we can't get definite help without your sources.

My assumption: it's due to dependencies. Maybe you use some library which is dependent on other library contains JiraException class.

0 votes
aas September 9, 2020

I have the same problem is any solution? Try to use jql query in my Issue tab plugin and have 

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.atlassian.jira.issue.search.SearchException not found by com.jira.plugin.IssueTab.Panel 

Suggest an answer