issue type name is different to what is displayed in admin

Deleted user June 5, 2016

The issue type name in Administration is 'Bug- Client' but the issues on my kanban board have a name of 'cjb'.

I can't find an issue type anywhere called 'cjb' and I have performed a re-index.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user June 7, 2016

This has been resolved now. Thanks for responding Peter.

The new Admin user had added a translation for the issue type so it was displaying as something different than what was set in Admin.

It took overnight to revert back to normal when creating a new issue.

Thanks,

Carly

0 votes
Deleted user June 6, 2016

Issue Type in Admin.JPGCreate Issue.JPGHi Peter,

When I viewed an issue from the board the Type (the text next to it) was called 'cjb', even though when I looked at issue types from the Admin page the type was called 'Bug- Client'.

I have figured out what has happened here though; we have recently given someone administrator access and they have used the 'translate' option on the issue type admin page. They put the translation in as cjb for some reason, so I have corrected this now.

However, I am still having a problem when I create a new issue, the type hasn't changed back to Bug- client.

I have attached a screenshot.

0 votes
Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2016

Hi Carly,

What do you mean by "the issues on my kanban board have a name of 'cjb'" - where do you see such name? The issue type is shown as an icon on the board for each issue. If you view the issue, the issue type is shown as text in the "Type" field. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events