issue status does not move to next level

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2014

I have workflow event where issue moves to next status however when user does below steps it remains same -

Update assignee and do not click "correct" tick mark button

Directly click workflow button

I have 5-6 groovy scripts, those gets called on workflow event -

@Override    

void workflowEvent(IssueEvent event) {

and status does not move to next level.

If I remove all the groovy script it goes to next level, not sure what to do.

Groovy script does not throw any error.

1st groovy script logs - next / update status however 2nd groovy script logs old status.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2014

I'm sorry, it's not clear what is happening here.  I think by "move to next level", you mean you need the status to change, but beyond that, I get a bit lost.

I assume you've got groovy-scripted "Listeners" to pick up certain events, but what events are they listening for and what are they supposed to do?  And what are they failing to do and when?

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2014

Here are some more details - workflow event groovy script edits issue summary when any workflow event and issue get updated when user tried to change fields like priority, assignee, label , component where we need to click "correct tick mark" button, sometime user does not click there and not on the page also User directly click on workflow button e.g "Ready to Support" and value in assignee is not committed yet. On workflow event click, status remains same instead of changing to next. However when user changes assignee and after that change performs workflow event then status navigate to next whatever it is. In this case there are 3 fields changing at a time and casing issue - status change, assignee and summary

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2014

I'm sorry, I really do not understand what you are doing or expecting here. You've started talking about editing the summary, which you've not mentioned before. I understand "when user changes a field", but "sometime user does not click there and not on the page also" makes no sense at all. Clicking on workflow button has nothing to do with assignee, so I don't understand that, and the rest of it makes no sense to me. You've not explained the scripts at all, or what you are trying to do with them.

Suggest an answer