issue's start,due date bar in roadmap doesn't synced.

SamKim June 14, 2022

I set an epic and several issues in jira. Also, I use sprint for managing project. 

When I set sprint at an issue, its time-bar in roadmap page doesn't represent its start and due date. It always represent sprint date(epic itself is fine). Also, if I unset sprint on issue, time-bar just disappeared.

Is there any way that issue's time-bar represents its own start and due date? 

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Rusnak
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2022

Hi SamKim, 

Thanks for posting to the Atlassian Community! 

As I understand your issue, you using the Roadmap functionality within Jira as part of a Scrum project.  On your Roadmap, the Epic issues start and due dates are reflected as you would expect, however the sub issues tied to the Epic are only shown on the Roadmap as the duration of the sprint with which they are assigned, regardless of their actually start and end dates on the issue itself.  

This is expected behavior as Jira Roadmaps align with the Scrum Methodology in which Epic's can span multiple sprints but sub issues assigned to Epics should be completed within the timeframe of the sprint.  So when displaying on a Roadmap, the deliverable would not be due until the end of the sprint entirely, which is why it is blocked off for the entire sprint regardless of the individual start and end dates.  Since Scrum work is broken out into sprints, removing the issue from a sprint will also subsequently remove its timeline from the Roadmap.  

JSWCLOUD-18668 also includes some additional information related to this from our Product Team.  It also requests the ability to have Kanban issue timelines added to the Roadmap.  

Does this help to answer your question in terms of why you are seeing the behavior you are?  If not I would be happy to discuss further.  

Best, 

Andy 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events