is there open vs close chart which is similar to created vs resolved chart?

shawn yuan July 28, 2017

I'm trying to monitor subtasks in a sprint. I want to see accumlated count of subtasks status open vs closed.

The closest solution I found is to use created vs resolved chart.
It works but it has an issue. Because many subtasks are created before a sprint, if I choose the chart days from sprint starting date, the chart is incorrect...the chart doesn't count the subtasks which created date is before sprint starting date.I have to change date to many dates before the sprint, it makes the chart very wide and strange.

does anyone has solution for this? or alternative?

2 answers

0 votes
Nicolas Werle _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2017

Hi Shawn,

xCharts - Custom Charts & Reports  is a good solution for you, It provides a lot of built-in templates to create custom charts. 
In addition you can script your own charts & reports, using Groovy. 

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly via email to: n.werle(at)decadis.de

Cheers,

Nic

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2017

Hi Shawn,

Maybe you can:

1. Save a filter like: type = subtask and sprint = sprintName
  2. Add a Pie Chart to a dashboard, and set it to use that filter, and set it to be based on Status field.

It might not be exactly what you need, but it would help getting the right numbers.

Regards.

shawn yuan July 31, 2017

yes, the number is correct. but unfortunately, I want to see the status by daily data.

It seems I can only get the current status data, not the curve of everyday :(

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2017

The filter doesn't read history. You'd have to run it ever day, at a fixed time, to get the raw data and then manually combine the data and plot it. 

Suggest an answer