is there any pop up to notify the user at regular intervals about the issues assigned to his name ?

3 answers

There no pop ups, but there are emails: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+a+Notification+Scheme

and your mail client can popup them.

0 vote

No popups - they're annoying at best and can't really be done on a server-client web application anyway.

However, write a filter like "assignee = currentUser() and resolution = unresolved" and subscribe to it.  You'll get a regular email list of what is open.

Also, use the same filter on the dashboard (or even just the "assigned to me" gadget) for a quick at-a-glance look.

0 vote
Daniel Wester Community Champion Feb 21, 2015

What are you wanting to accomplish?

i want a pop up that reminds me about the tickets in my name at regular intervals(say hourly) so that they get immediate attention whereas a mail often goes unnoticed along with other notifications from JIRA. These pop up should appear only if there are any tickets in my name.

Daniel Wester Community Champion Feb 23, 2015

There isn't any in app notifications in JIRA. You can get it in Confluence though... Or do the email route like suggested by the other folks.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

685 views 6 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you