is it possible to have a different fix version on a subtask to the main task?

Alexis Baker March 20, 2015

Hi,

I work with an old version of JIRA currently, but we're looking to upgrade to the latest & greatest. I am testing the new version at the moment. One of the questions I have is that in the old version Sub tasks could have different fix versions to their main task.

Example, Overall task will be completed in fix version 4, but sub tasks could be completed in fix versions 1, 2, 3, and 4 in order to deliver task in fix version 4.

Does this functionality exist in the new version? How can I activate it? At the moment I'm unable to locate anything to allow me to do it.

Thanks in advance,

Alexis

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jochen Häberle March 20, 2015

I cechked this with our JIRA 6.3.1, which got "outdated" just the other day wink

I see separate Version fields on the parent and on the subtasks and can set different versions as I see fit. No problem.

I suggest you use the "field finder" to see why your field is unavailabel. To find in the Admin-Menu on the View Issue screen - "Where is my field?"

Alexis Baker March 20, 2015

Ok, it's not actually the latest - it's 6.4 smile, so close

How bizarre - it seems to be possible to edit the fix version when I'm in the sub-task now, and it is possible to distinguish different fix versions. All I need to do is click on the box, and it allows me to select the fix version.

I suspect that because I was using JIRA Agile, and moving the version of the main task over to a new sprint, it auto updated the fix version, and didn't allow me to edit the ticket via Agile.

Thanks for responding so quickly, I'll accept your answer! smile

Suggest an answer