It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

integrating Jira with excel

Can JIRA be integrated with Excel spreadsheet?

8 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Philipp Suchan Atlassian Team Friday

See here for the official Jira Cloud to Excel export:  https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221301/jira-cloud-for-excel-official

Hi,

Excel Connector is the plugin which provide integrations between Jira and Excel.
You can find it here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/pl.com.tt.jira.plugin.excel2jira

Related in many complications we decide to rewrite Excel Connector plugin from scratch. Unfortunately, we could not continue to improve the old version because of its design adapted to the old versions of JIRA. The new version will be more stable and faster because we write it on the basis of REST Services.

I honestly recommend wait two weeks for the new version, which will be released on the market early in August.

Regards,
Pawel

Better Excel Plugin exports JIRA data to custom Excel spreadsheets. I agree with Nic, you should elaborate what you mean by "integration", but if this is primarily about exports, then make sure to check out this add-on.

This is a huge improvement over the built-in Excel exporting feature, see the comparison.

JExcel is the closest JIRA and Excel can get together.

With JExcel, you can export your JIRA data to Excel and import back to JIRA later.

Like this: export excel.jpg

It is also possible to use Ctrl C + Ctrl V. Refresh it in Excel, and import it back to JIRA the same way. smile

But you can ignore the whole import/export procedure and edit your issues directly in JExcel.
It totally feels like an Excel in JIRA. And Its totally free!

You can download it from the Marketplace: 
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.moresimp.jexcel

Hope this helped. 

Regards, Mark

Cdata Software has developed The JIRA Excel Add-In, which is a powerful tool that allows you to connect with live JIRA project management data, directly from Microsoft Excel. Use Excel to read, write, and update Projects, Groups, Workflows, etc. Perfect for mass imports / exports / updates, data cleansing & de-duplication, Excel based data analysis, and more!

http://cdn.cdata.com/help/BJB/xls/

Hello Altin Elezi 

I  am trying all information like bugs , ticket issues ,etc .. automatic update in excel sheet when we are changing in JIRA. Is it possible with that Cdata Software ? and also i am trying to plot the information in a graph also . It is possible ?

Lukasz, please keep me posted. I am looking forward to see Excel Connector available in Cloud version as I found it very challenge to create and show progress, right now I export manually every time :)

Hello @Thao Trovato,

We are pleased to announce that cloud version of Excel Connector has been recently released!

Please find product site - here

Have a great time using our Application in the Cloud!

Regards,

Michal

Do you have any future plans for supporting Excel in Office 365?

Hi @Michelle Parsons 

We are actively developing new version of Excel Connector that would be Office 365 native product (supporting both server and cloud versions of Office).

Yet if You are using server version of Office 365 we have proven it could actually work for You with current Excel Connector version.

Cheers,

Michal

Hi @Michal Dubel

Do you have any kind of tracker / roadmap / anything where I can check the availability of this from time to time? I am looking for Jira / Excel integration options, but at the moment lack of O365 support is a showstopper.

Hi @Stanisław Juźwicki ,

Glad You are interested in this area - You can check progress on our trello board - https://trello.com/c/d8OsVy8s/16-ability-to-use-excel-connector-on-office-365-natively

Expect to hear some big news this quarter! :)

Cheers,

Michal Dubel

0 votes

Yes.

But you need to define what you mean by "integrated".  It's a good word to give us a generic idea that you want two systems to talk to each other, but without the detail of what you want to achieve, you can't get an answer any more detailed than "yes"

You can import data into JIRA from csv files

Likewise you can export result of a JQL query to Excel

Excel Connector only available in the server version, anyone know when it will available for Cloud version?

Hi @Thao Trovato,

Recently we were focused on improving the performance and fixing some old issues with our server version of the app - Excel Connector 3.3.0 was released yesterday :)

Now we are focusing on improvements for version 3.4.0, and after that we will analyze if it's possible and how long would it take to create a Cloud version.

If you like, you could create a request for Cloud version of the app using our Customer Portal

Cheers,

Łukasz

Great news, thank you very much for keeping me posted and continue to enhance Excel Connector.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

The add-in you’ve been waiting for: Jira Cloud for Excel 🙌

Introducing Jira Cloud for Excel Here at the product integrations team at Atlassian, we are thrilled to announce the new Jira Cloud for Excel add-in! This add-in lets you export Jira data directly ...

840 views 5 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you