install on mac

Daniel Gränefjord November 29, 2017

I cant install JIRA on my mac? Is says only for linux or windows.

1 answer

1 vote
miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2017

Hi Daniel,

There's an OSX version of Jira releases which is packaged for Macs. You can also use the zip or TAR archives to install manually. Even if it seems not to be documented well (I might be mistaken but I think Atlassian does not officially support OSX), it's working well on OSX!

The detailed steps for TAR install are here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/installing-jira-applications-on-linux-from-archive-file-938846844.html

I've been using that for years and it's always been working (OSX is based on Unix :) ).

Hope this helps!

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2017

You are not mistaken, Jira has never been officially supported on MAC.   The supported platforms documentation do not list that OS.

That said, it can run.  

miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2017

Thanks @Andy Heinzer for the confirmation!

Suggest an answer