include scripted field of type date in dateCompare jql function

Yousef Hammouda June 28, 2016

Hi @Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist],

I have issues with a SR scripted field with Date Time search template and Date Time return value. Is it possible to use such custom field in IssueFunction in dateCompare(... JQL function? If not, is it possible to improve the function to include scripted field when the expected return type is a date?

Using JIRA 7.0.10 and SR 4.3.3

My use case : I have a review issue per version, each confirmed review issue has an expected deploiement date. and each confirmed review issue is linked to autocreated deployement issues present in a separat project (a deployment issue per environnement type : test, preproduction, production... etc).

Now each deployement issue, has a scripted field that gets the "Expected deploiement date" on the review issue.

I wish to use this scripted field to make somme JQL queries. Ex. "Scripted Expected deploiement date < duedate +2w"

Thank You,

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2016

You could try the "expression" function as it's a bit more flexible. But I think neither work with script fields. There are outstanding issues for this - perhaps https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/browse/SRJIRA-1907

Yousef Hammouda June 29, 2016

I tried to use the "expression" function, but had this :

• "Field Qualification not found or not a Number or Date custom field." : I think that expression is looking for date type as in compareDate.

and another problem is : 

• When the name of the field has spaces, "expression" function has problems parsing it, Error message : "unexpected token: date @ line 1, column 15." when trying something like : 

JQL : 

issuetype = deploy and issuefunction in expression("", "Qualification date > today")

• and if the field name is more complicated, JQL : 

issuetype = deploy and issuefunction in expression("", "Qualification date de mep souhaitée > today")

I have this error : "expecting EOF, found 'souhaitée' @ line 1, column 27."

1 vote
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2016

You could create more one scripted field on number type to culcalate date difference between respetive date into issues and then use this field into JQL

Suggest an answer