import issues from csv file

Ana Mendes June 26, 2013

Hello,

i'm trying import issues to my jira with a csv file. But i have a field - multi user picker and i dont know how import multiple users (that already exist in the system).

i already trying:

Assignee

"Ana Mendes;carlos"

Ana Mendes;carlos

Ana Mendes carlos

"Ana Mendes, carlos"

Ana Mendes, carlos

and no matter correctly.

anyone can help me?

3 answers

1 vote
Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2013

This is going to be tedious, but just to let you know that it works.

So, this is my CSV file:

summary,assignee,multi,multi,type,description,reporter
TEST,admin,admin,admin2,Bug,"Test Multi Users",admin

*multi here is the custom field for Multi-Users.

As what @Henning mentioned, you would need to have two different columns of the same type in order to perform multi-field import. This applies to the above custom fields as well as comments and attachments.

When you are importing the CSV file, remember to map the fields that has multiple values. In this case, the multi field:

0 votes
Justin McCamish June 30, 2013

Justin (Alex) is correct. Had to do this just the other week.

0 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2013

If I remeber correctly, you have to have a column for each value of the field with multiple values. Each column with one value has to be matched with the same multi user customfield.

Suggest an answer