import attachments from csv file

Hi

Could you tell me an example of importing attachments from csv file?

i want to create massive issues and i need each issue has an attachment file.

thanks

3 answers

2 votes

Hello Gonzalo,

As stated on the official documentation for CSV import:

Importing attachments

You can attach files to issues created from your CSV file. To do this, specify the URL of your attachment in an 'Attachments' column within your CSV file.

Assignee, Summary, Description, Attachment, Comment
Admin, "Issue demonstrating the CSV attachment import""Please check the attached image below.""https://jira-server:8080/secure/attachment/image-name.png""01/01/2012 10:10;Admin; This comment works"
Admin, "CSV attachment import with timestamp,author and filename""Please check the attached image below.""01/01/2012 13:10;Admin;image.png;file://image-name.png""01/01/2012 10:10;Admin; This comment works"

information URLs for attachments support the HTTP and HTTPS protocols and can be any location that your JIRA server must be able to access. You can also use the FILE protocol to access files in the import/attachments subdirectory of your JIRA Home Directory.

I hope it helps you! smile

-- Arthur Gonçalves

hi this is the url: D:\Perfiles\17550001\Desktop\desempe\file1.xls D:\Perfiles\17550001\Desktop\desempe\file2.xls (i have 100 files) how can i indicate that url in the csv file that i'm going to import? thanks

0 votes

Gonzalo,

You should add the attachment files into $JIRA_HOME/import/attachments folder. After that, mention the file name on the CSV file to be imported without the entire folder path (refer example below):

Assignee, Summary, Description, Attachment, Comment
Admin, "Issue demonstrating the CSV attachment import", "Please check the attached image below.", "https://jira-server:8080/secure/attachment/image-name.png", "01/01/2012 10:10;Admin; This comment works"
Admin, "CSV attachment import with timestamp,author and filename", "Please check the attached image below.", "01/01/2012 13:10;Admin;image.png;file://image-name.png", "01/01/2012 10:10;Admin; This comment works"

That should do the trick!

Cheers

L.F

Hey!

I have not found much clarifications on the following:

If I am a common user on the system; how can I access a storage for attachments that can be accessed during CSV file import?

Lucianos reply is not sufficient to Gonzalez question unless he has access to the $JIRA_HOME file system

And I would think most users on corporate levels have no access to this...

So: how can you create a valid URL for csv file import of attachments without admin privileges?

Hello All,

I am trying to bulk import with attachments, to start with I just tried and tested with 1 attachment, and it throwing me the error.

I placed the attachment in the imports folder and gave the location in the attachments column but its not taking it: I am giving the location correct? Please see the below Image and advice.

Thank You!!

Capture.PNG

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,111 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot