if indexing is crash what are the database table we need to delete to recover the jira ?

anand raichur June 19, 2017

iam doing reindexing sadenly it's crash so iam unable to do the reindexing

2 answers

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2017

Hi Anand,

What Nic said is accurate.  In the most ideal situation you would have a backup you could recover from.  If you're seeing JIRA crashing during the indexing here's what I would do:

1. Go to System Management > System > Logging and Profiling
  2. Under the SQL Logging heading choose Enable the SQL log
  3. Attempt to re-index

From there you should be able to review the JIRA_HOME/log/atlassian-jira.log and the JIRA_INSTALL/logs/catalina.out logs to find the errors and determine what's stopping the index.

Cheers,

Branden

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2017

None.  You do not delete any database tables, that would destroy your JIRA system.

The question is asking for completely the wrong thing, but only because you do not know what the index is.

The index is a *local* copy of most of the database.  It is built for search rather than storage, and the whole thing is a set of files on the JIRA server's disk.

It is independent of the database.  When you run a full "reindex", JIRA throws away the whole index, every file, and then rebuilds it from scratch, re-reading every issue in the database.

So, I think your question really is "I can't start JIRA after a crash, how do I get it to start".  We can't tell you that without knowing what errors you are getting.

Suggest an answer