i want to pass my variable in to the JSON object of JIRA API

Kmjira August 26, 2020

i want to pass my variable in to the JSON object of JIRA API . Here i want to pass this variable summary into the fields .

var summary = " Create ticket"

"fields": { "summary": "Summary" ,"issuetype": { "id": "1" }, assignee": { "name": "abc" },                        "project": {"id": "23601"}  }

Kindly share the format to pass the variable into this JSON .

Thanks in Advance .

2 answers

0 votes
Deepak Gupta December 2, 2021

I came across this thread while looking for solution to my problem. I am not sure if kmjira was also facing the same problem. 

I wanted to define a variable and then use it in the jql search query while running this code via Jenkins build step. I was able to do this the following way. I have used two variables OlderThan and jira_sql. The JSON output will be recorded in file OpenTickets.txt

OlderThan=30

jira_jql="Project = PROJECTNAME AND status not in (closed, resolved, done) AND created < -${OlderThan}d ORDER BY created ASC"

if [[ ! -z "${jira_jql}" ]]
then
curl --location --request POST "https://jira.xyz.com/rest/api/2/search?pretty=true" \
--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
--header 'Authorization: Basic ZXRhbzpFdGFvQDEyMw==' \
--data '{
"jql": "'"${jira_jql}"'",
"startAt":0,
"maxResults":1000,
"fields":["key","issuetype","summary","priority","status","created","updated","assignee"]
}' > /tmp/OpenTickets.txt

PS: Posted my solution here so that may be it can help someone else like me.

0 votes
Ibrahim Ghalghay June 21, 2021

I find it strange to see this important question not answered even after 10 months!!! I found similar questions in the community, also not answered!!!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events