i am looking for a timetracking addin for my jira server

Ben America March 20, 2022

Hi All,

I am looking for a time tracking addins for my jira server. 

My company has around 1000 employee and my dept has around 25 staffs. 

I was initially looking at Tempo Jira Server, however i just found out if you want to procure and install Tempo, you will have to buy license for all your Jira Users (which is around 1000 employee) eventhough only 25 Users who will be using it. 

Because of this, we not going to go with Tempo. 

Does anyone have any other recommendation for timetracking?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2022

Hi @Ben America 

Are you looking for an App implemented into your instance? Or an App which is integrated but is standalone?

If it's the former, all Apps will be charged at your total user count, not just for your team of 25. This is standard practice for Apps for Atlassian products.

For example, see the pricing page for Tempo Timesheets in the Pricing FAQs:

How do I determine my Server pricing?

Apps are billed based on the number of users in your Atlassian product.

For Jira 7.0 or later, the app tier should match the maximum tier of the licensed Jira products on your instance. For example, if you're running Jira Software (500 users) and Jira Service Management (25 agents) on the same instance, you should purchase the 500-user tier for apps.

For versions of Jira prior to 7.0, the app tier should match the licensed user tier for Jira. Even if fewer users want to use the app than your Jira license, the two licenses should match exactly.

Note: While this app has features specific to Jira Service Management and Jira Software, the app is technically available across the whole Jira instance. Therefore the above guidelines for the license tier still apply.

Ste

Ben America March 20, 2022

Thank you Stephen for the explanation. So basically if i want to buy Tempo Jira Server I will have to buy for all my 1000 Jira Users then, eventhough its only 25 users who is going to use it? This just blow the cost from $1100 to $18000. We might not gonna go ahead with this. is there another way to work it?

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2022

Hi @Ben America 

In effect, yes - the cost would be $18,000.

In your scenario, I would be asking...

• Is it necessary to buy this App for 25 users?
  • Is there a way to meet my need natively, without an App?
  • Are there other use cases beyond my team? Can I justify buying the App if it will benefit other teams?
  • Is the pain of not having the App, outweighed by the financial cost?

I'd also look for alternatives...

Let us know your thoughts!

Ste

Like # people like this
0 votes
Mike Kulakov April 19, 2022

Hey @Ben America ,

If you're still looking for a tool, check Everhour integration. We are not tied to the number of Jira licenses. You can invite and pay only for those who need it.

A little more information here.

Would be happy to answer any questions you might have. 

0 votes
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 20, 2022

Hi @Ben America 

As an alternative, to get this data, you can try out our plugin

Agile Tools : Epic Tree, Links Tree, Time in Status & Worklogs

The app provides the following features.

Worklogs & Time tracking Report :- Track time spent by resources with multiple filters / category / grouping features. Export to csv format is also available. You can filter based on worklogs time period as well.

Worklogs Report.PNG

Suggest an answer