how to share filter in jira?

I have a filter created and I want to share it all the users. Not specific to group however with everyone. I have admin rights on the tool? is that possible?

2 answers

4 votes

Edit the filter and select "everyone" as the share group (or "jira users" if you only want logged-in people to see it). You must have the global permission "share objects" to allow this.

You do know there is documentation for Atlassian systems? First hit on google for "Jira Share Filter" is https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Using+Filters

Can more than 1 person "edit" a filter?

How to do this?

no only a filter owner can edit the filter

I think it is possible to allow other editors on the filter, at least on my version of the Atlassian software, which is an on-prem installation integrated with LDAP.  See sscreenshot:  

shot.png

Yes,

You can just Select manage filters (in the dropdown menu next to the Issues in the top navigation bar) there you can share it.

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

How you can achieve compact and easy-to-maintain workflows in your JIRA( Server)

This approach requires you to have the JIRA administrative rights. The main aim of this article is to help you achieve an organized, easy-to-maintain workflows in your JIRA instance thereby, reducin...

191 views 0 0
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you