how to share filter in jira?

Neeta Dubey September 4, 2013

I have a filter created and I want to share it all the users. Not specific to group however with everyone. I have admin rights on the tool? is that possible?

2 answers

9 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2013

Edit the filter and select "everyone" as the share group (or "jira users" if you only want logged-in people to see it). You must have the global permission "share objects" to allow this.

You do know there is documentation for Atlassian systems? First hit on google for "Jira Share Filter" is https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Using+Filters

Zawistowski Grzegorz December 8, 2015

Great Nic :)

Like Eric Cole likes this
Arun Joshi November 30, 2017

Can more than 1 person "edit" a filter?

How to do this?

Gurpreet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2018

no only a filter owner can edit the filter

jricjr January 3, 2019

I think it is possible to allow other editors on the filter, at least on my version of the Atlassian software, which is an on-prem installation integrated with LDAP.  See sscreenshot:  

shot.png

Like Ingo Mohr likes this
Matthew_Schulz July 24, 2019

How were you able to get the ability to have "Editors" on the Filter?

Ingo Mohr November 19, 2019

The owner of the filter can find these share-options in the details of the corresponding filter. 

Poutrathor January 8, 2020

it's funny you said that (*You do know there is documentation for Atlassian systems? First hit on google for "Jira Share Filter" is https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Using+Filters*) back in 2013 because today this post was the first hit on Google :D

Yann Baud January 17, 2020

Filters should be specific to projects, not to user. In case of Scrum Backlog the filter should be editable by project admin. This limitation is a recurrent pain in maintaining a project.

Like Tomáš Petržilka likes this
2 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2013

Yes,

You can just Select manage filters (in the dropdown menu next to the Issues in the top navigation bar) there you can share it.

Best regards,

Peter

Aetee Lee March 5, 2019

Where does the site admin go to grant a user (or self) permission to edit Filter share settings (to allow user to share the filter with other users)?

Gurpreet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2019

this is a global permission. go to the jira settings > Global permissions and the permission you are looking at is SHARE DASHBOARDS AND FILTERS. here you can choose to whom to give that permissions. 2019-03-06_09-54-26.png

Like # people like this
Saqib Barlas December 3, 2019

I am assuming that the JIRA admin only has permissions to do that and you can not even if you're an admin on the board on which you have created the filter?

Suggest an answer