how to rename plan in jira

RaviKanth.Bhandari May 18, 2022

i have created a plan in jira and want to re-name it

2 answers

0 votes
nathan.dorsey@myradar.com
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 9, 2024

It appears there are multiple ways to go about this depending on version, etc.

I did not see the option to do what Andy suggested, rather in our version on the left side of the interface about halfway down there is a gear icon labeled Plan Settings.  Press that and search for GENERAL.  Under that is Plan info.  Selecting Plan info opens a window that contains a box labeled Plan name.  You can change the plan's name here.

I hope this helps the people that could not find the method Andy described.

0 votes
Andy Rusnak
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 19, 2022

Hi RaviKanth, 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!  

To rename a plan in Jira Server you should be able to select the name of the plan from the plan interface at the top which will launch an edit box.  

So you would want to go to Plans > View Plans.  Then select the plan you want to rename. This will load the plan interface.  In the upper left you will see the plan name, if you select that name it will open an edit box and allow you to change the name. Once you have updated the name select the checkmark and the name will be saved.  

Please let me know if I have misunderstood your request or if you have any additional questions related to this.  

Best, 

Andy

Brian Horton June 28, 2023

@Andy Rusnak How do I rename a Program in Plans? Example, I have several programs and under each program many epics....I need to modify one of the program names but unable to do that from the "plans" view.

Thanks,

Brian

Brian Horton June 28, 2023

@Andy Rusnak Well, that was simple enough :)

Changed the program (parent Link) name but now does not reflect in the parent link drop-down so I can change the epics to the new name.

Suggest an answer