how to logging in JIra using an email account?

Sergio Palacio May 19, 2017

I'm making an active directory configuration on JIRA.
I need the users using their emails adresses as a username in jira?

How I can do it?
thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 19, 2017

Edit the AD User Directory under User Management>User Directories. Expand User Schema Settings and change the User Name Attribute from sAMAccountName to mail.

Marc-A (Nimbax) July 14, 2020

I tried this but it fail to sunchronise any advice?

Prathyush Thummepalli August 19, 2020

hi @Marc-A (Nimbax) did you find any solution?

Marc-A (Nimbax) August 19, 2020

I used AD explorer to find the attribute with the email adresses. I change the configuration from the ldap to this new attribute resync the user directory and voila it was working perfectly and all user can now login using email.

This helped me migrated from ad on prem to azure AD 

Prathyush Thummepalli August 19, 2020

@Marc-A (Nimbax) Thanks, updating the attribute and resync updated username to email ID. But existing issues assignee and reporter fields are not updated have you faced this issue?

Omprakash Thamsetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2022

@Prathyush Thummepalli @Marc-A (Nimbax) I am also planning to change the same in my test environment first. Did you able to fix issue assigned and reporters etc on tickets by changing the samAccount to email ? What are the steps to follow to switch this?

Thanks,

Om

Suggest an answer