how to load a newly created checklist template to an epic with all related tasks

heba arafa November 19, 2019

1. new checklist template created
  2. can load template to a test case
  3. tried bulk edit option, to load template to many test cases at once, but failed to find correct field
  4. please advise method to load checklist template to all test cases or tasks in one step

1 answer

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 22, 2019

Hello @heba arafa ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

We will need to know a bit more about the involved scenario and what you are trying to achieve in order to be able to help you.

Therefore, can you kindly provide the following information:

1. Can you confirm this is for Jira Cloud and not Server (self hosted)?
  2. You talk about checklists and test cases. I assume you have some add-on for test case management. Can you kindly let us know if this is the case and (if correct) let us know which apps you have installed?
  3. Since I am not sure I have a correct understanding of what you are doing, can you kindly provide the full list of steps you are following, what would be the expected result and what you get instead? 

Cheers,
Dario

heba arafa November 25, 2019

hello @Dario B 

1. not sure

2. yes, added "issue checklist"

3. a.created few test cases and bugs ,

b.all are related to same epic link,

c. then need to add checklist to each test case and each bug

d. created a template checklist

e. in each test case, i can load checklist template (created in step d)

f. as for issues under same epic, exists option "bulk edit", how to use it to load checklist template to all test cases and bugs at only one step

Jack Hunter [HeroCoders]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 25, 2019

Hello @heba arafa , 

We have this case covered in the documentation: https://herocoders.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/IC/pages/26738722/Bulk+apply+checklist

You need to add a custom field to a screen first, so it requires some knowledge of Jira. But if you want to apply a checklist template to tens or hundreds of issues, then it will definitely help. 

Let us know in case of questions. 

Cheers, 
Jack

Like Dario B likes this

Suggest an answer