It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

how to link an existing branch/pull request to a jira issue

How can I link an existing branch (created from stash/git, not from JIRA by "Create branch") to a jira issue?

Same thing for a pull request (other than adding a comment with the pull request link...)

3 answers

Use the JIRA ticket number in the title of the pull request - that should link them.

In our case we use Git Flow which requiere that we create the branches like this: "Feature/XX-15" , "Hotfix/XX-22"

Is there a way that JIRA supports gitflow? 

Like Jeremy Harmening likes this

I use gitflow at my job and the link still seems to work just fine. I don't believe there was any extra setup for this.

the question refers to code you want integrated as resolution for your issue, which has been already developped and reviewed in an existing pull request, cherry picked from another branch, from upstream, etc. with names/ids not related to current issue.

this above mentioned code fixes an issue created in Jira by some other engineer/customer etc.

so how can you make the branches/pull requests not containing the jira id in the names appear in the list of branches/pull requests for the new issue?

I'd love to know how to be able to do this too.

It's weird that it's easier to do this between Pivotal Tracker and GitHub compared to JIRA and Bitbucket, two products by the same company.

Hi guys,

It would be great if your answer also contained a screenshot.

Then, it will be more helpful.

Thanks,

Binh

It doesn't seem to work with VSTS. Work with Bitbucket though

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Calling all Jira Cloud users! Give us feedback on our exploration of a new navigation.

Hi everyone! My name’s Matt and I’m a product manager at Atlassian. I work in the navigation & findability space for all our Jira Cloud products. We’ve been working on trying to improve the exp...

1,147 views 19 12
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you