how to limit jira notification?

Samuel June 23, 2014

I am one of the component lead for the project, and i want to get notified for all the changes related to my component. But, i dont want notification if the component is removed from the issue.

Currently, i am continuously getting notification even if the component is removed. Even when i comment on any issues, i stated to get notification.

How do i stop or manage the notification?

4 answers

1 vote
Danilo Conrad
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2014

Hi Chris,

You can restrict the actions which will trigger notification e-mails and also who will receive them by configuring a Notification Scheme.

The document below provides information on how to configure it, as well about how to identify why a particular user is receiving or not receiving e-mail notifications by using the Admin Helper:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Email+Notifications

Cheers,

Danilo

0 votes
Samuel June 29, 2014

Thanks of all.

Yes, i did looked over the notification scheme but it not limited to per user.

Is there anyway, we can customize the notification as per user specific? or can we disable the auto watch for single user?

Deleted user April 6, 2018

Hi @Samuel,

You can add users on an individual basis however I would suggest against this and instead use User Groups, Reporter, Assigned, and Project Roles in your notification scheme. 

You can disable the auto-watch feature.

Here is a similar thread about reducing/customising events for email notifications.

Hope this helps

0 votes
Vijay Khacharia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2014
Hi, Can you check if you have enabled auto watch on your profile page? This can be the cause of starting to send you notification when you comment on an issue. If its enabled you are added as a watcherfor all issues you comment on. You can disable it of not needed. Vijay
0 votes
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2014

Hello Chris,

Have you taken a look at our notification scheme documentation?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+a+Notification+Scheme

You can create one instead of using the default options (i'm not sure if you have already done some configuration on this or not).

Suggest an answer