how to import jira users into bitbucket

Phil Ross October 20, 2014

How do I import our existing JIRA users into a Bitbucket team? Can this be done or do I have to create seperate accounts for them in Bitbucket?

1 answer

1 vote
AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2014

From our docs:

You can choose to have the importer automatically create JIRA users for any Bitbucket users who do not already exist in JIRA.

• Users who interacted with the Bitbucket system will be created as active accounts in JIRA. Other users will be imported into a special group called "bitbucket-import-unused-users" and will be deactivated.
  • Passwords from Bitbucket are not imported. Users from Bitbucket must have their passwords emailed to them the first time they log into JIRA.
  • If you are using External User Management, the import process will not be able to create JIRA users; instead, the importer will give you a list of any new users that need to be created. You will need to create the users in your external user repository before starting the import.
  • If you have a user-limited license (e.g. personal license), and the number of required users is larger than the limit, then the import will be stopped. A page will open and list the users that can't be created.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Importing+Data+from+Bitbucket

Jarkyn S May 22, 2018

The original question is asking JIRA -> BitBucket, not BitBucket -> JIRA.

Could someone please point me in the right direction for importing JIRA users to BitBucket

Like ImprintPlus likes this

Suggest an answer