how to hide a issue type from a spesific group

Cheno March 15, 2018

I've created a group of user's at the 'project role' and I want to make this group a permission schemes that they cannot create an EPIC but can create other issue's.

Any idea's? TY

1 answer

1 vote
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2018

You could create a validator to implement this feature into create transition.

Cheno March 15, 2018

can you expand this answer?
i not really sure i got you 

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2018

It is not possible to hide issue type, but it is possible to restrict creation of issues with specified issue type. Since there is no conditions on create transition, only validators, so it is possible to use validators.

It means that users from this group will be able to select this issue type for creation, but will not be able to do this. This is not the best solution, but it works. We use this, users are confused a little, but they do not create issues they are not allowed.

Cheno March 17, 2018

TY,i will try it today 

leonk
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 7, 2020

This is still an open question for me. I created Group of users, who should be able to create only limited set of issue types. Can you please, guide me through the steps.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events