how to get the original project name using JIRA python

pradeep br December 10, 2020

Hi,

In our company, there are multiple teams using JIRA and each of them have a Project name. When a defect is logged in JIRA, it is moved from one team to another by changing the Project name. Once the defect is fixed by a team, it is assigned back to the original project name.

Example: A defect is logged with project name as "A", and it is moved to project name "B" to fix, after fixing the defect, team from project "B" move it back to "A".

I'm trying to automate this process. But for that i need to know the originating project name.

i'm using the below code, which gives me the current value of the project name. But i need to get the original value of the project name to which i have to move back the defect.

print(issues.fields.project.name)

Is there  a way to get the original value of the project name? ("A" in this case).

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2020

Is your "Jira Python" running inside Jira or externally, using the REST API?

pradeep br December 10, 2020

Yes. It is inside Jira. We access it using an URL.  

Just to be more clear, I'm trying to automate this using Jira package in Python.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2020

I'm afraid these two sentences contradict each other:

"Yes. It is inside Jira. We access it using an URL. "

Is the code inside Jira or are you using a REST API (a URL) to get the data?

Suggest an answer