how to get api for all project and their board location details?

Guest April 15, 2018

can you please tell that how to get api for all project and their board location details?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2020

Hi everyone,

Since the original answer was posted to this question Atlassian Cloud has deprecated the specific endpoint of GET /rest/api/2/project.   As such there is another endpoint you can use now to get back your projects via REST in Jira Cloud.

For Jira Cloud:

For Jira Server:

• Projects: You can make a REST API call to the endpoint GET /rest/api/2/project.  In Jira Server this endpoint will return to you all the projects which are visible to the user making that REST call.
  • Boards: You can use the endpoint GET /rest/agile/1.0/board  to find all boards that your user account has access to see.

I hope this helps to clarify how you can do this in both platforms via the REST API.

Cheers,

Andy

Timothy Johnston January 27, 2021

Hi Andy

I am battling to get ALL the boards in that response, I can't quite figure out the parameters. Not being a developer, the API docs are just over my head; any guidance you have would be appreciated.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2021

Hi Timothy,

We have a few different guides to help get you started.  If you're using Jira Server or Data Center, then I'd recommend trying JIRA Developer Documentation: JIRA REST API Version 2 Tutorial 

If you're using Jira Cloud, then it might be better to start with Basic auth for REST APIs.  This document explains one of the easiest ways to get REST API data in our Cloud platform.  There is a blog post about how to make a REST call in Jira Cloud over in https://blog.developer.atlassian.com/creating-a-jira-cloud-issue-in-a-single-rest-call/ however I believe that the authentication in that blog is already out of date.  You would need to follow the steps in the Basic auth guide linked instead to make this work.

While you could use lots of different programs in order to make REST API calls, one of the most popular methods is to use curl, a command-line application.  I'd suggest using it, regardless of whether you are working with Jira Cloud or Jira Server.

Andy

Like Ramprasad Baliga likes this
0 votes
Pedro Souza
Atlassian Team
April 23, 2018

Hi there,

Nice to meet you in our community! Welcome!

Our documentation below can provide you all the additional details you need regarding Jira Software REST API:

For the specific API's that you asked, I believe you can find more details below:

Also, if you are new to our REST API, I strongly recommend you to check our tutorials below:

Please, let me know if you have any follow up questions!

Kind regards,

Pedro Souza.

abdul hafeez November 20, 2019

@Pedro Souza : Are the below two api's getting board details not available in v2 API? I see , they are only availabe in 1.0.

Thanks, 

Syed

Suggest an answer