how to find system field id

Rahul Savaikar February 24, 2016

Is there any way where I can find the IDs if the system fields and their values?

E.g. I want to have the ID of the Priority field and the Blocker field value.

2 answers

1 accepted

9 votes
Answer accepted
Mohamad Khalife
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2016

you can find all JIRA fields IDs (system and custom) through rest call: {Your JIRA base URL} /rest/api/2/field 

Rahul Savaikar February 24, 2016

Thank you Moe, I will check this and send an update. Hopefully, this should work.

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2018

It doenot show any numeric value for system fields. ID will we displayed as characters.

Example: For System Field Name "Fix Version/s", "fixVersions" is the ID

[{"id":"fixVersions","name":"Fix Version/s","custom":false,"orderable"

Like SockBlocker likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2018

Correct, system fields do not have a numeric id.

Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 13, 2019

Thanks Guys , API call was useful to find System fields name and id 

"""       {Your JIRA base URL} /rest/api/2/field      """

Like Daniel Clawson likes this
0 votes
Franklin Jeevitha Arokisamy December 6, 2018

how to set value for system field for example I want to set value Environment field using groovy

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 7, 2018

Most of the system fields can be set with issue.set<id of field>()

Franklin Jeevitha Arokisamy January 23, 2019

what will be filed id for Environment system filed, I want to change Environment value via groovy script

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2019

It's environment.

Franklin Jeevitha Arokisamy January 23, 2019

JiraIssue.JPGscript.pngI run this script to update environment value in logs it's showing updated value when i open ticket still old value

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2019

Your script is not applying the change you've put into the mutableissue object.

https://library.adaptavist.com/entity/update-the-value-of-a-custom-field-in-jira has some stuff about applying changes

Suggest an answer