how to filter out specific word in summary field excluding rest of word options

Hafiz Mustafa August 20, 2011

Hi,

Could anyone please help me to figure out how can i enhance search on summary field.

Let's take an example of usercase which explains what i am after.

if i search summary ~ attachment, query will pick up bugs with word attach in summary field

due to fuzzy support so i have seen few items boosting a term and escape characters but nothing seem to work.

So with summary ~ attachment, i would like only to see bugs with attachment in summary field excluding all

other options.

Thanks

HM

4 answers

0 votes
Hafiz Mustafa August 21, 2011

exactly that's what i am trying to look for. if i just say attachment then i expect ONLY to see 'attachment' in bugs

but not other suggested words like attach, attaches, attached etc...

summary ~ "\"attachment\"" not working as expected but as per JIRA bug you told, sounds there is no such
support available as JIRA uses fuzzy and proximity search method.

0 votes
justindowning
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2011

Well, the word 'has' needs to be in the summary. I was just using an additional example keyword. Whatever string you use needs to be present in all the issues you expect to see (for example):

summary ~ "\"an attachment\""
0 votes

Thanks Justin for your reply.

Still no luck. summary ~ "\"has attachment\"" now eliminating even bugs with word attachment and picking up

some with word attached.

0 votes
justindowning
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2011

No problem -- just quote it with espcaped quotes:

summary ~ "\"attachment\""
Did try that  summary ~ "\"attachment\"" but still getting bugs with word attach in summary field and
like to see only bugs with word attachment in summary.
justindowning
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2011

Yeah, I guess you are correct. Found a bug report related to this at JRA-21372.

Can you add an additional term to your search. That would eliminate the results with words similar to attachement:

summary ~ "\"has attachment\""

Suggest an answer