how to display workflow state tab in issue view

DavidT May 25, 2015

In the issue display page, the top navigation includes some (but not all) of the possible workflow states. For example, when using JIRA simplifed, I can quickly click a "To Do" or "In Progress" button, but to set QA or Done, I have to click "Workflow" tab, then select either QA or Done. My team would like to have access to these buttons in top navigation but I don't see how to configure this. I've insterted what we see and an arrow with QA tab that I'd like to create. How to do this? 

addTabForStateInIssueDetailPage.png

1 answer

1 vote
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2015

Hi David,

To change the number of transition buttons from the default of two:

By default, the first two transitions appear as separate buttons in the set of transition buttons. Additional transitions appear in the Workflow menu. The order in which these buttons appear is based on the order defined in the system workflow.

1. Shutdown JIRA.
  2. Edit the jira-config.properties file in your JIRA Home Directory. See Making changes to the jira-config.properties file for more information.
  3. Change the value of 'X' in the ops.bar.group.size.opsbar-transitions = X property of this file to be the number of transition buttons required before the Workflow menu.
    information If this property does not exist in your jira-config.properties file, add it. Otherwise, a default value of 2 is assumed.
  4. Save the updated jira-config.properties file.
  5. Restart JIRA. 

If you are using Cloud you won't be able to do the steps above, so you may create a request on support.atlassian.com so we can do it for you.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira 

Suggest an answer