how to delete bulk user in jira

재웅 최 December 18, 2020

Hi, 

I want to delete a large amount of users using Cli in Jira,

but when I looked for this and that it was deleted as a csv file, I tested as follows.

acli --action runFromCsv --file "[FilePath]\user.csv" --common "--action removeUser --server "https://<Server IP>" --user "<userId>" --password "<Password>" --userId"

The error came out like this

Run: --action removeUser --server <Server> --user <userId> --password *** --userId
Parameter error: Invalid action: removeUser. Use --action "?" or --action <prefix>? to get a list of actions.
Client error: 1 actions failed from file: FilePath\currentSearchResultMyUserManagerForJira_-_Search_Result.csv

CSV 

The configuration of the CSV file is

fullname | username | email | status | lastLogin | groups | directory
Jaewoong Choi | testuser | a@a.com | Never logged in |  jira-software-users | Crowd Server

each OS is

Jira Server OS is Linux

Cli Client OS is window

I need help from Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian app).

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2020

Hi @재웅 최 ,

Thanks for posting your requirement here !

We have raised support request in our bobswift portal for your requirement and please signup to our portal so that we can add to you the support request.

Signup link: https://bobswift.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/user/signup

Can you please sure that you are using the latest version of the CLI Client(9.4.0). If not, can you please install 9.4.0 CLI Client. Please refer below link https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ACLI/pages/16875586/Downloads to download the latest version and to know the installation steps.

During installation process, you need to mention the instance url and login details ( please refer 7 and 8 step of the https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ACLI/pages/16875586/Downloads#Downloads-InstallingonLinux,MacOSX,andWindowsdesktops)

Post CLI Client configuration, please follow below steps for bulk delete of users in Jira.

• Create a .csv file that contains userIds of the users you wish to delete. An example file is shown below:
    image2020-7-8_18-36-34.png
  • Run the below command in cli directory to delete the user accounts that are provided in the .csv file (user.csv in this example).
    --action runFromCsv --file "user.csv" --common "--action removeUser" --continue

Note:

• Make sure to run the command in a non-production environment before testing in a production environment.
  • Update the .csv file with the usernames appropriately.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions, we are happy to help you !

Thanks,

Avinash

Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2021

Hi @재웅 최 ,

Happy 2021 !

Did you get chance to review our earlier comment on deleting bulk users using Jira CLI.

Thanks,

Avinash

Jason Johnson February 10, 2022

I stumbled on this and this is something I want to do also. Can you post a better view of the csv? The one in the post is not accessible. Also the remove user will is fail if the user has issues assigned to them?

0 votes
Danny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2020

Hello @재웅 최 

My recommendation is that you contact Bob Swift's support desk directly. There is a support page with the various support links and their Confluence knowledgebase.

If you need support

Please create a support request.  An alternative is emailing support@bobswift.appfire.com.

Hope this helps,

Danny

Jason Johnson February 10, 2022

The support desk they have I noticed is not very way to navigate. 

Suggest an answer